Vampires fascinated me for a long time before I tried my hands on writing about them myself. I heard many rumors that stories about vampires weren’t in demand by the publishers, then I heard more rumors that they would never be old or out as readers always ask for more. So publishers started asking for them, at least the majority did.Vampires are charming and exciting, full of power, muscularity, and mystery. My opinion is that if the twists are fresh and grabbing, a publisher will request them more and more. ‘My Sun… Your Shadow’ is my first paranormal short story with a generous dose of erotic romance in it. The joy I felt while writing reflected on the characters and the theme of the story. I wanted to add the eerie feel of that genre mixed with the sensuality that suited the characteristics of Vampires, and that gave this story the charm I was aiming for. In a contest, I’ve asked readers for their opinion about the first chapter of the story and the delivery of the air of eeriness and sensuality. I was rewarded with their honest opinions, and the joy they expressed while reading it. Part of my marketing plan is the creation of a short trailer to highlight the story in an intriguing video.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr0cC8ioVjg[/youtube] While creating the trailer, these are the most important rules to follow:
- Make the trailer short, not more than two minutes, so you won’t bore the viewers.
- Words used shouldn’t be more than one short sentence per slide, to be able to read it comfortably.
- How you construct your video is crucial when you are marketing your book. If your video isn’t fascinating enough, it can hurt you more than help you sell your story.
- The use of suitable video effects plays an essential part in making your trailer more professional.
- The trailer should give a different peek into the story, and compliment the blurb, not repeat it.
Below is the blurb for ‘My Sun…Your Shadow’ for you to enjoy. To check for excerpt and contest, please visit my website at www.suzannahsafi.com
Cat Mckibben wakes up one night to find herself chained to a bed at the will of a mysterious dark stranger. Yet his allure is more than she can handle as he entices her to follow him down a path of self-revelation and self-indulgence. When given to her fantasies, Cat finds the stranger more powerful than she imagined-and his identity is revealed as Dracula. Set out to take for himself a queen, Dracula informs Cat that her secret heritage makes her the predestined queen. Cat faces a decision-to stay with Dracula and enjoy a vampire’s life teeming with sensual bliss, or the alternative fate that awaits her when she wakes up once again in her former nightmarish reality…