Halloween is my favourite day of the year.
I consider all of October to be Halloween awareness month.
Here are my top ten things I must do in October:
1. Burn mulled wine and cider candles to get that wonderful smell in my home.
2. Drink mulled wine and cider (yum)
3. Listen to The Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack. Really loud. And then find a screening. Best in 3D!
4. Tell a ghost story to friends!
5. Write spooky stories… (Oh wait, I do that all the time)
6. Stroll through graveyards.
7. Seek out vistas of changing fall leaves.
8. Read some Edgar Allan Poe
9. The Great Pumpkin Blaze! (www.historichudsonvalley.org)
10. Dress in an elaborate costume to celebrate the best day of the year!
I hope you’ll check out my fantasy fiction, particularly my debut novel, The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker, a ghostly, Gothic Victorian Fantasy that is perfect for Halloween! Because of it’s recent recommendation and feature at True-Blood.net, the official Fansite for the HBO hit True Blood, Barnes & Noble is running a sale until the end of October and you can get the book at a 30% discount! http://bn.com/misspercy
I’m also running a contest in honour of my Prism Award winning novella, Dark Nest, visit www.leannareneehieber.com/contests for details.
Blessings and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
Leanna Renee Hieber
2009 Prism Award Winner: DARK NEST
Now Available from Dorchester Publishing:
THE STRANGELY BEAUTIFUL TALE OF MISS PERCY PARKER – first in the Strangely Beautiful series the ghostly, Gothic, Victorian fantasy has begun!