“A heart-warming, faith-based tale of a driven woman struggling to straddle small-town life with big city aspirations.” (Publishers Weekly)
A story of reconnection, lost love, and the power of faith, Heart Land follows a struggling fashion designer back to her small Iowa hometown as she tries to follow her dreams of success and finding true love.
Grace Klaren has finally made her dream of living in the Big Apple and working in the fashion industry a reality. But when she’s unexpectedly fired and can’t afford the next month’s rent, Grace does something she never thought she’d do: she moves back home.
Back in Silver Creek, Iowa, Grace is determined to hate it. She rails against the quiet of her small town, where everything closes early, where there’s no nightlife, where everyone knows each other. She’s saving her pennies and plotting her return to New York when she almost runs over a man who’s not paying attention at a crosswalk. It turns out to be Tucker, her high school sweetheart whose heart she broke when she left ten years ago. They reconnect, and Grace remembers why she fell for him in the first place.
And her career begins to turn around when she finds a gorgeous but tattered vintage dress at a flea market. She buys it, rips it apart seam by seam, and re-creates it with new fabric, updating the look with some of her own design ideas. She snaps a picture and lists the dress online, and within a day, it sells for nearly $200. Suddenly, Grace has her ticket out of here.
But Grace can’t fight her growing feelings for Tucker. Sometimes when they’re together, Tucker paints a picture of what their future could be like, and it feels so real. And when she finally gains the funding to move her new business back to New York, Grace must decide where home really is—will she chase her long-held New York dream, or find a new dream here in the heartland?
- Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1501180568?tag=simonsayscom
- Barnes & Noble: http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-7567305-11819508?SID=simonsayscom&url=http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/?ean=9781501180569
- Books-a-Million: http://www.booksamillion.com/p/9781501180569
- IndieBound: http://www.IndieBound.org/book/9781501180569?aff=simonsayscom
FIND KIMBERLY ONLINE:
- Website: https://kimberlystuart.com/
- Twitter: @KimberlyAStuart
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kimberly.stuart.10
- Instagram: @kimberly.stuart.writes
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/480018.Kimberly_Stuart