Made For Us by Samantha Chase
Steps for Protecting Your Heart by Samantha Chase
Hey, Everyone! I’m Samantha Chase and it is a pleasure to be here my fellow romance junkies talking about my new contemporary romance, Made for Us, book one in my new family series, The Shaughnessy Brothers. And I have to tell you, this family series is one that I know you are going to fall in love with as much as I have.
There are six siblings and at the point that you’re going to be meeting them, seventeen years has gone by since they lost their mother, and we see how this affects who they currently are. Each book will not only introduce you to an individual Shaughnessy as they navigate through their life and eventually find love, you get to spend a lot of time getting to know the rest of the family, as well.
In Made for Us, both Aidan and Zoe are cautious about getting involved – Aidan more so than Zoe. And who can blame him? But playing it safe can be both good and bad. Today we’re talking about how to protect your heart. The obvious answer to some would simply be “Don’t get involved”, but that’s not what we want in a romance! So here are some things our cautious heroes and heroines tend to do:
Take things slow. By not moving things along too quickly and by being clear about the nature of the relationship from the start – at least with yourself.
- Take things slow. By not moving things along too quickly and by being clear about the nature of the relationship from the start – at least with yourself.
- No expectations. Don’t expect anything from someone you’re just getting to know. Why? Because this is the fastest way to be disappointed in who they may or may not be according to who you want them to be.
- Be okay with being alone. There is no shame in not being on a date on a Friday night. It’s okay to be out with friends or family or even by yourself. Being in a relationship doesn’t define you.
- Set limitations. When you’re in a relationship or hoping to be in a relationship, set some limitations. You don’t need to be together all the time or call so many times a day. Less can be more when you’re trying to protect your heart.
- Communicate. As long as each of you knows where the other is coming from, there can be no misunderstandings and less of a chance of someone getting their heart broken.
- Take advice. Whether it’s from your friends or family, listen to what people are telling you. It can be about how good – or bad – someone is for you, but be sure to listen to what they’re saying. Chances are they are seeing things you’re not and they’ll be honest with you about what you may or may not be doing wrong.
- Stay in your comfort zone. If you stay true to yourself, then there’s less of a chance of you getting hurt emotionally. When pushed to be something you’re not, it opens the door to all kinds of problems. And, going back to communication, if you talk about what that zone is, you should be okay with staying there.
- Know when to walk away. Whether it’s from an argument or from the relationship, be aware of when that point is because if you stay and fight, you risk getting hurt – or hurting the other person.
- Know when to apologize. Saying you’re sorry doesn’t make you weak nor does it mean you’re at risk for heartache. Sometimes saying you’re sorry heals not only the other person’s heart, but yours too.
- Keep an open mind. You’re not alone – not in the world and not in a relationship. Whether you’re trying to keep things casual and take it slow or considering moving to the next level, an open mind can give you peace of mind.
Title: Made For Us
Author: Samantha Chase
Release Date: August 4, 2015
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: The Shaughnessy Brothers, Book 1
Can’t make time for love?
The Shaughnessy brothers have spent the years since their mother’s untimely death taking care of each other and trying to make their father proud. Oldest son Aidan is hard-working, handsome, successful-and still single. Sure, he’d like to have his own family someday, but who has the time?
She’ll show him how to find it
Zoe Dalton, a stunning designer Aidan meets on one of his construction jobs, has the beauty and heart to make Aidan realize how much he could be missing. But it’s not easy to break down walls you’ve spent years building up. Now there’s a major storm bearing down on the North Carolina coast, and it could be catalyst enough to force Aidan and Zoe into some major decisions of the heart.
Barnes and Noble: http://bit.ly/1Kje4hf
New York Times and USA Today Bestseller/contemporary romance writer Samantha Chase released her debut novel, Jordan’s Return, in November 2011. Although she waited until she was in her 40’s to publish for the first time, writing has been a lifelong passion. Her motivation to take that step was her students: teaching creative writing to elementary age students all the way up through high school and encouraging those students to follow their writing dreams gave Samantha the confidence to take that step as well.
When she’s not working on a new story, she spends her time reading contemporary romances, playing way too many games of Scrabble or Solitaire on Facebook and spending time with her husband of 25 years and their two sons in North Carolina.
Social Networking Links
Thank you so much for having me here and for sharing all about “Made for Us”! Have a great weekend!!